As we have said before, being Generation Y is a lifestyle, not just an age group and now is the chance to check if you have the “Y Lifestyle” !
After twenty years of research and a doctorate from Cambridge, this is the questionnaire that you’ve all been waiting for… well ok may be this has not quite been tested along with the best psychometric tools in the world… but it’s fun, so have a go anyway.
You know the rules. There are no right or wrong answers blah blah blah. Answer honestly and usually nothing can be held against you.
So answer yes or yes to 22 questions if you want to be sure not to make a mistake and prove that you are aligned with young people.
Here we go:
- A DS console is a game not a car
- You have a blog that you’ve abandoned after 2 posts
- If you are looking for work you would use Viadeo, LinkedIn or Jobseeker
- At home, you spend more time in front of your computer than your TV
- You send more SMS than you make calls
- You’re 70 in WOW
- You illegally download music and films
- You are a rebel; you do not have a tattoo or piercing
- You undertake at least 1 hour of sport per week
- You are unbeatable in sorting and know what to put in the green rubbish bin
- You have 3 or more email addresses
- You have an MP3 player (Hint: this is not an iPod!!!)
- You put your tie on just to see a client (if you are a lady you don’t need to repsond)
- You have chosen your company for experience and it’s name on your CV
- You want to leave your job/company but stay a little longer because your team is cool
- You always look for a brilliant idea to fund your retirement/car/trip round the world
- If you have children, they come before your career
- You belong to at least 2 social networks (Facebook, MySpace, Beebo, Twitter, etc)
- You use at least 2 P2P systems (or if you don’t know what P2P is, no problem there is a repeat of Colombo on tonight)
- You put your skills at the center of your career, not central to the organisational structure of your company (not easy that one)
- You spend more than 4 hours per week on the Internet (and/or play online)
Now Count up your ‘Yes’ and your ‘No’s….
Your score a maximum round of ‘Yes’: Good result. You think you look smart on your skate board with headphones for your Pod! At 67, what will your grandchildren think!
You have many ‘Yes’ but were a bit lazy to finish it: Without a doubt, you are “Y Style”! So we propose that we set up a clip on YouTube, we ask all our contacts on Facebook to go see it, then we arrive at 1 million visitors and raise $10million to set up an album, with the product sales we can take our retirement at 25 years. Who follows?
You have a maximium of ‘No’s': So your next question asks if you know the difference between a Bajoran and a Cardassian? If you know the answer you are an ‘X’ for sure who has a little difficulty accepting your forties. Tough but you know it!
Got a bit more to learn about the “Y Lifestyle”? Come and talk to us! We’ll be there, with our MP3, playing WOW , and looking at our friends’ latest wall postings on the other screen… but we’ll be listening… for a while anyway!